Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 04:32:24 UTC 2003

Wil Cooley (wcooley at nakedape.cc) said:
>  o I'd prefer to see /usr/bin/python2 handled as a symlink to
> /usr/bin/python2.X{,.X} through a scriptlet or with alternatives.  It's
> easy to install multiple versions of Python except for this.  Anyone
> else thing this should be filed in Bugzilla as an RFE?

While I can see having multiple versions of some things on the system,
I'm not sure why there's a *lot* of gain with having multiple
versions of python. Unless, I suppose, you have large multi-threaded
python server apps that don't quite work the same with later versions,
but I don't know anyone that does that. :)

>  o GQ, LDAP browser.

This was in at one point and was removed. It's probably an
extras candidate.

>  o FreeRADIUS

Erm... that's in FC1.

Bill