Re: Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Chris Adams wrote:
Once upon a time, Chris Ricker <kaboom gatech edu> said:

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Chris Adams wrote:

Don't get rid of sendmail unless you've got something to replace it.
Last I looked, postfix cannot replace sendmail on my servers, although
it is a lot better than qmail (gag!).

Out of curiosity, why not?

Milter is probably the biggest reason at the moment.  I filter 1000
spams a minute with a multi-server setup using milter (sendmail is
running on several servers and the milter server is on another server).

Also, I have some heavily tuned custom configs.  Can postfix allow
multiple DNSBLs to be merged into one (with different response code) to
cut down on DNS requests, and allow some to reject before RCPT TO and
some after?

Why not just block this garbage at the smtp port and stop all this silly post-receipt processing? Postfix can do this!

Read up on header_checks, body_checks, and mime_checks with postfix!

RBL stuff works in postfix the same way it works in sendmail.

--
Chuck Mead <csm redhat com>
Instructor II, GLS