Re: Fedora Core 2 wishlists

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 16:15, Michael K. Johnson wrote:
> http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/schedule/
>
>     No dates set yet, but a driving goal or defining characteristic will
>     be the 2.6 Linux kernel -- unless the 2.6 Linux kernel takes too
>     long to arrive. That is, we'll shorten the schedule to accomodate an
>     earlier release of the 2.6 kernel, but not lengthen it to accomodate
>     a later release of the 2.6 kernel.
>
> 2.6 is looking good.  There's a lot of integration work to do, though.
>
> However, that won't be the ONLY feature of Fedora Core 2.  I'd like to
> hear people's wishlists.  Not everything will be possible, but it would
> be nice to have a good list from which to pick the possibilities, and
> from which to also pick ideas later for Fedora Core 3.

Update from upstream if update is available. ImageMagick comes to mind
and IIRC there are other packages where we don't ship the latest stable
(according to upstream) version. If we can't ship it, it should be
documented why we can't (to both the community and upstream).

Nils
--
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp redhat com