Excessive package interdependency

Thomas Hille thomas.hille at nightsabers.org
Wed Dec 17 21:00:07 UTC 2003

My first post to this list :)

I have one too: mc (midnight commander) needs XFree86-libs

I use mc heavily on older boxes, most have no monitor attached anymore,
so having to install X (at least in parts) on a 2GB disk is, at least
not useful.

And I came accross several other "too excessive" dependencies. This
should really be changed. (I would like to help, if needed)

-Thomas-