Re: Fedora Core 2 wishlists

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 08:40:02AM -0700, Tyler larson wrote:
> > Removing FAT support will have negative implications.
>
> FAT is patented my Microsoft, and they're recently announced that
> they're going to start enforcing that patent. It's not a question of how
> useful FAT is, it's a question of whether or not we *have* to remove it.

and what is actually patented and what is actually relevant and what prior art
exists. FAT itself is very old but VFAT is a bit different. Obviously this is
all something Red Hat legal people have to look into.

More likely however is that Microsoft will push a "new" super-fat DRM encrypted
system to all the camera people.