I'm learning how to make rpm's for fedora but I get following error (fg: no job control)

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Thu Dec 18 08:43:46 UTC 2003

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 01:31:40AM +0100, Kristof vansant wrote:

> RPM build errors:
>     Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.63126 (%prep)
> [root at d5e03f42 SPECS]#
>
> my .spec file you can find at
> http://www.freax.eu.org/wiki/index.php/Building%20rpm%27s%20for%20Fedora%20core%201
>
> It's a guide I'm writing so your feedback is always welcome.
>
> Plz help me fix this problem with amsn.

Remove the leading blanks and it will work.

At some point leading blanks may be permitted, but in most cases they
cause errors (like with %setup) or will probably produce results you
do not want (like in %description, although I'm not sure about that).
Better don't use leading blanks, nobody uses them.

Hope this helps,

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>