SNMP detection of network printers, part 2

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Thu Dec 18 11:55:14 UTC 2003

On Thursday 18 December 2003 06:19, Tim Waugh wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 06:10:25AM -0500, Gene C. wrote:
> > No IEEE 1284 match: {'model': 'HP LaserJet 4000 Series', 'description':
> > 'Hewlett-Packard LaserJet 4000 Series', 'cmdset':
> > 'PJL,MLC,PCL,PCLXL,POSTSCRIPT', 'manufacturer': 'Hewlett-Packard'}
> > No SNMP match: 'HP LaserJet 4000 Series'
>
> Yes, this one should be in foomatic-3.0.0-14, in rawhide later today.

What about other connection types such as cups running on another systems (or
lpd)?

I assume that when this works with JetDirect, that once I have identified the
printer as a JetDirect connection, SNMP will be used to get the information
necessary to select the foomatic entry without manually selecting it.
--
Gene