Re: Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Giacomo Magnini wrote:
Sam Varshavchik ha scritto:

My old Atari ST computer used FAT on floppies. I think Amiga did to.
No.  Amiga used a very funny filesystem for their floppies.

Maybe AFFS is funny by today's standards, but at the time it was much more advanced than fat:
- long filenames
- more data on a floppy (880K instead of 720K)

That's a crock. A standard single sided floppy is 1MB, unformatted.
I used to format 920K all the time on my STe. Some disks couldn't reliably hold it, but I could format it.

Take a look at the fd* entries in <kernel_source>/Documentation/devices.txt for several formats.

They use different numbers of sectors and track than the default thay gives 720K/1440K formats.

-Thomas