Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Steven Garrity stevelist at silverorange.com
Thu Dec 18 23:55:17 UTC 2003

Rather than a wishlist of things I'd like to see in Fedora Core 2, I'd
like to see if somethings could be eliminated. I would suggest a careful
inventory of all that is included to see what could be eliminated for
the sake of simplicity and size.

For example, there has been some good talk of trimming the fat from the
screensaver list and delivering a much smaller list of good screensavers
(rather than a giant list of mediocre ones). I would like to see similar
efforts throughout the distribution.

I'm not suggesting anything controversial or significant be removed -
just a search for 'low hanging fruit' - trim the obvious fat (if it's
out there).

I don't have any specific suggestions for this (sorry) - just the vague
suggestion to keep an eye out for things that could be
eliminated/cut-back. Less code means easier debugging, faster downloads,
easier distribution, etc.

Thanks,
Steven Garrity