pine cone - Re: Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Edward S. Marshall esm at logic.net
Fri Dec 19 14:45:55 UTC 2003

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 09:08:51PM -0500, Tom Diehl wrote:
> Oh btw I think pine calls what I tried to describe above "cruise mode".
> I really like it and I have never come across another mua that works like it.

I was addicted to that. ;-)

In mutt, I achieved the same effect by adding a "mailboxes" line to my
.muttrc, like so:

mailboxes ! =spam =redhat =linux-kernel =subversion

(That's "INBOX", "spam", "redhat", "linux-kernel", and "subversion" IMAP
mailboxes, in my configuration; you'll want to check the docs for the
various magical symbols you can use to refer to mailbox location for
your setup. I found that I needed to specify INBOX ("!") to reliably catch
new mail there.)

Then, when I want to flip to the next mailbox that has new mail in it, I
type "c" (change mailbox), and it searches through the list looking for
one with new mail.

Now, I just want a feature that Cone appears to have: save my config file
on an IMAP server. ;-)

--
Edward S. Marshall <esm at logic.net>
http://esm.logic.net/

Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.