pango updates

Yesterday some updates to pango became available. I installed them, and as others have noted, my fonts were now inop in the gnome desktop. I reinstalled the old pango rpms and that put everything right. So if the updates are broken why are the updates still available?

What is fedora policy on this?

--
Chuck Mead <csm redhat com>
Instructor II, GLS