Re: AMD64 Linux documentation

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 16:42, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 15:32, Lamont R. Peterson wrote:
>
> > As I understand it, Apple's G5 systems are capable of running both 64-
> > and 32-bit apps side by side.  The processor has all of the G4 32-bit
> > instructions.
>
> Mac OS X is 32-bit only right now.

Right, which is why I said "apps" above, though it was not obvious the
way I phrased it.  I was trying to point out that the G5/Power4
processors have the same multi-bit-width execution capability.  Thank
you for the clarification.

To be more clear about this...I have no idea how many MacOS X apps have
64-bit versions available.  Not too many, I would guess.  That will
change.
--
Lamont Peterson <lamont gurulabs com>
Senior Instructor