Re: Drive Labels (was: Yet another futuristic wishlist item)

Le ven 19/12/2003 à 21:59, Sean Estabrooks a écrit :

> I really have no problem with a somewhat more unique label being
> chosen for partitions at install time

Has been noted before anything from an install date/random number added
to them will make them unique enough for most people needs.

> but to suggest that drive labels
> be removed isn't warranted.  This could really just be handled as a
> training and documentation issue.

Note I've never advocated this.
But if labels are to be used extensively, they should be made
first-class anaconda citizens and not lie in ambush like right now.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot