partitioning bug during install: RH8/9 FC1

Otto Haliburton ottohaliburton at comcast.net
Mon Dec 22 15:34:28 UTC 2003

Installing windows first actually has nothing to do with your problem, but
is a problem with windows.  If you don't install it first then it will
simply overwrite any mbr out there with its own, so if you want to boot your
other OSes you have to install windows first.  As for the other thing.  It
has to do with the boot process, it will resequence your partitions no
matter what you do and it has always done so, it will resequence any
partition unless it is a boot partition.