Re: problems with dev rpm

On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 11:49, Karl DeBisschop wrote:
> The dev RPM in the development tree (dev-3.3.9-2.i386.rpm) seems to very
> reliably crash my test machine. Is anyone else seeing this sort of
> behavior?
>
> It's a Dell Inspiron 7500 laptop, which uses a P2 mobile 450 CPU.
>
> kernel-2.6.0-0.1.14.i686.rpm is installed, everything else from the
> development tree seems to be up-to-date and working fine for me. But any
> attempt to install dev presents me with a long trace, and a totally hung
> machine.
>
> I guess I'll bugzilla it now, then if I can get some free time tonight
> try and make it generate a core before it locks up dead. But at the
> moment I haven't a clue what might be the root cause, so it seemed worth
> asking if anyone else has similar issues.

Problems with rpm, dev, ... in the development is making me scared to
put it on a new partition.  Karl some people complained of rpm not
functioning correctly in the dev tree, are you quite sure the package is
getting fully installed and all that?

Also does anyone know if the rpm problems some people were having in the
dev tree have been corrected or were they isolated incidents?

Regards,

Stan