Should there be BuildRequires for perl/libtool/auto*?

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Sat Dec 27 21:11:35 UTC 2003

On Dec 27, 2003, David T Hollis <dhollis at davehollis.com> wrote:

> From what I have seen, if you patch configure.in/ac or a Makefile.am,
> you should call the auto* tools from the spec file - typically in the
> build section from what I have seen.

FWIW, I find it a very bad idea to run autoreconf or somesuch in spec
files.  The right way to do it, IMHO, is to bundle with the patch for
the configure.in/.ac or Makefile.am the patches for the generated
files (and maybe some additional touch statements), to make sure you
don't depend on the exact version of the auto* tools that you have
installed to be able to rebuild the package, which is how these tools
are meant to be used.