initscripts: Can it restart a service automatically if onecrashes?

Erik LaBianca erik at totalcirculation.com
Tue Dec 30 21:10:21 UTC 2003

> The app could be launched from inittab.  And if it keeps
> dying immediately, init will handle that situation
> automatically by disabling it.

Another possibility is to use daemontools. It installs a signal inittab
entry and handles logging etc. It seems to me that a mechanism like it
would be a good addition to fedora, as sysvinit scripts are a decidedly
unconvenient way to add a service sometimes. Think of that must-have
counter-strike server, etc :)

Heres it's home page

http://cr.yp.to/daemontools/install.html

I've got some srpms made up that work under rh9 / fedora at
http://www.ilsw.com/~erik/RPMS/djb/

--erik