RFE: Other "Everything" installs

Sean Middleditch elanthis at awesomeplay.com
Thu Jul 24 20:29:35 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 16:22, Dax Kelson wrote:
> I typically do Everything installs on my personal workstations.
> Simplifies life greatly.
>
> However, it would be nice if there were:
>
> "Everything ONLY English" (ie, no foreign language support)
>
> "Everything NO Development"
>
> Comments?

Definitely dont' think that's a good idea.  It solves perhaps your
problem, but I'm there are many users who have other specific package
sets they'd love install options for too.  What we'd end up with is an
Everything menu with tons of semi-Everythings, covering everything
imaginable, even tho they aren't Everything.  ~,^

Seriously, it's not that much work to just select the package groups.
If you do find yourself spending too much time on it, quit reinstalling
your machines so often.  ;-)  Or just use Kickstart.

> --
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.