Run prelink and other stuff not in cron but when screensaver

P at draigBrady.com P at draigBrady.com
Mon Nov 3 19:14:12 UTC 2003

Alan Cox wrote:
>>>Its actually useful in a thin client environment that it does. And the
>>>user can configure blanking easily enough
>>
>>True, though I think xcreensaver should be off by default under vnc.

Because to ship screensaver output over vnc takes a lot of CPU
and network resources. IMHO this should not happen by default,
because newly setup machine with a few users running vncserver
hammers the machine.
     If they want to setup screensavers explicitly, fine, but
at least you can lart them for that :-)

Pádraig.