Question about development languages

Vincent pros-n-cons at bak.rr.com
Tue Nov 4 08:55:32 UTC 2003

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 00:47:25 -0800
Anthony Saffer <anthony at safferconsulting.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I was browsing the Fedora website and noticed that the configuration tools
> are said to be all Python based with a few PyGTK ones. I don't know Python
> at all but am very familiar with Perl and PerlTk. Do the tools HAVE to be
> written in Python or are other languages acceptable?

I am in the same boat as you. I know perl and wanted to help with this also
but when I asked the impression I got is they would like the consistancy. So
TK libs, gtk2-perl, etc isn't a dependancy during installation. I tend to agree
now. I guess we have to wait for the python guys to add those tools.

> Thanks,
> Anthony

Vincent