Question about development languages

M. Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Wed Nov 5 03:37:53 UTC 2003

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 15:56:31 at 03:56:31PM -0500, Havoc Pennington (hp at redhat.com) wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 03:47, Anthony Saffer wrote:
> > I was browsing the Fedora website and noticed that the configuration tools
> > are said to be all Python based with a few PyGTK ones. I don't know Python
> > at all but am very familiar with Perl and PerlTk. Do the tools HAVE to be
> > written in Python or are other languages acceptable?
>
> Tk is unacceptable, it has to be a modern toolkit.

May I ask why?

Is it for some functional reason or because

 it looks better in screenshots
 it sounds better when one says it

I'd understand even in tose cases, I'm just curious.

Ciao,
	Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and
many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad,
wholesome, charitable views of man and things cannot be acquired by
vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.
						       Mark Twain