location of up2date cvs

David Farning dfarning at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 6 18:15:01 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 11:46, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 18:36, Paul Nasrat wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 10:08:16AM -0600, David Farning wrote:
> > > I was looking for the location of the cvs tree for up2 date.  I tried
> > >
> > > export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at rhlinux.redhat.com:/usr/local/CVS
> > > cvs -z3 login
> > > cvs -z3 co up2 date
> > >
> > > and just got a bunch of *.po stuff.
> > >
> > > Has the fedora development stuff moved?
> >
> > No i18n has been on elvis/rhlinux.redhat.com for a while I don't believe
> > up2date has ever been exposed.
>
> rhlinux.redhat.com did have various things (initscripts, kudzu, rhgb...)
> even if they weren't advertised anywhere and I *think* up2date was one
> of those. Could be wrong though.
>
> 	- Panu -
The reason I ask is that i am working on a gui front end for a package
management system.  I wanted to know the current devel state of up2date.

My initial work is porting sysnaptic to python/pygtk.  How does the
development community feel about writing some of the wigets in C++ and
then wrapping them?  I am looking at doing this for reasons of
efficiency.

The package and dependency caches will be based closely on yum (if not
directly using yum code extended for interactive use)

On the back side I'm looking a the existing up2date code to allow
different types of repos to be read and down loaded.

The basic set of event will be.

1. Create pkgStatus list to include all known packages and their statue
ie name, epoch, version, location ,installStatue

2. Via gui interaction a transaction set is developed ie package
install, update, or remove

3. Do a dry run transaction set test -- paranoid

4. Do transaction set

Thanks
Dave Farning