Warren's Package Naming Proposal - Revision 2

Aurelien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Fri Nov 7 22:49:39 UTC 2003

Hi

These guidelines seem fine, thanks for the work.

However, I have recently bumped into a package naming problem which doesn't
seem to be covered here. It's a program called K3B, a CD/DVD burning
frontend for KDE.
Here is their release numbers : 0.8 -> 0.9 -> 0.10
How should we set the RPM fields without using epochs in this type of
versionning ? Is is a case where epoch is necessary ?

Thanks

Aurelien
--
http://gauret.free.fr