S/N ratio of this list is just too low for my tastes...

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Sun Nov 9 20:05:49 UTC 2003

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003, Lance Davis wrote:

>> >'any more restrictive basis' would IMHO and IANAL include the use of
>> >trademarks.
>>
>> There is no restriction on the use,
>
>of course there is a restriction on the use ......
>
>(especially in the case of Enterprise Linux if you are a customer ;)
>
>> copying, modification, redistribution
>
>errmm and of the redistribution ...

Sorry, but you seem dead set on just arguing for the sake of
arguing, and I've got more productive things to do with my time
than waste it on this list with petty threads like this.

In fact, the majority of traffic on this list is useless garbage
unrelated to actual real development issues, and is thus not
really useful to me.

Since this forum isn't moderated and has no controls on keeping
it focused on any form of actual development topic, I've decided
to unsubscribe from the list in hopes in a month or so it will
have turned into something more useful to actual developmental
issues, and not just idle chit chat, mp3/dvd/ntfs whining and
other legal issues including patents, copyrights, trademarks,
etc.  There's just too much volume and too little useful content
for the list to be useful to me.

If anyone has bugs to report about X et al. or feature requests,
file them in bugzilla.  For email related development or tech
support discussion join xfree86-list at redhat.com and post there.

I'll be in IRC on #fedora-devel if anyone needs to discuss
anything actually technical or remotely related to development
or creativity at all in the meantime.

Goodbye all.