FC2 release dates

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Mon Nov 10 20:53:32 UTC 2003

I took the weekend off (horrors!) so this may seem a bit late :-)

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 05:28:34PM -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> This is good to hear. Better than appointing, you're definitely correct.
> I think nominations for people worthy of recognition might be useful.
> B/c, as you said, you've been busy and might not have noticed people who
> have been having an effect. I have a few people in the back of my head
> who deserve high praise for putting up with a fair bit of abuse, many of
> them at red hat. :)

:-)

My first goal is to refine the definitions of the groups.  I think that
we'll end up with different names and a slightly different structure;
we might not have the "Advisory Committee" per se (name is confusing
and some of the delineation seems a bit artificial) so I'm making some
proposals that I need to get Steering Committee approval for.

My intent is to roll out better definitions soon before worrying about
final membership.

> All of those are pressing points and well understood, my only argument
> for delaying a bit is to try and include gnome 2.6. - As Jef Spaleta
> mentioned on irc - a cool release name is FC2(.6) ;)
>
> I know a month is a long time in free software but from the avg life
> cycle of linux 2.2->2.4->2.6 it won't be a very long in the linux
> 2.6->2.8 cycle. Getting gnome 2.6 would mean more gnome testing and
> that's got to be helpful for RHEL, as well.
>
> my thoughts, worth whatever they're worth.

Absolutely worth consideration.  I just wanted to present our reasons
because one of the points of the new regime is to not appear arbitrary
by keeping silent about our reasons...  (I don't think we've every
really been arbitrary, but I know it has looked that way sometimes.)

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/