Apache headers and other ones such as Xft

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Mon Nov 10 22:25:47 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 17:02, Razvan Corneliu C.R. "d3vi1" VILT wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 23:51, Owen Taylor wrote:
> > > >
> > > I've noticed this problem for Xft but in redhat 9, I'm not sure if they
> > > are still present in fedora core... Some X11 lib (namely
> > > /usr/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h) wanted some Xft1 headers
> > > (/usr/include/freetype/freetype.h) but in my case it wanted freetype 1
> > > which was not there at the time... now apparently it works better due to
> > > a link from freetype to freetype2
> >
> > * Xft always has used freetype2
> >
> > * In order to link to freetype2, you need to use freetype-config to
> >   find the correct -I flags for freetype2
> >
> > * 'pkg-config --cflags xft' will already include that -I directory,
> >
> >   $ pkg-config --cflags xft
> >   -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/freetype2
> >
> It was a bug which I've found on RHLinux9 while compiling gdkxft.
                                                            ^^^^^^
Most likely gdkxft doesn't have appropriate configure scripts.

I would strongly advise against using gdkxft in any case: it
can cause a lot of different hard-to-diagnose problems on your
system. (Especially if it gets loaded into gtk2 apps, as we've
had reported in the GTK+ bug tracker many times.)

> It's not here anymore...
> It was only another example of header file stuff which I've been a
> witness of...
> Using the same sources (ver1.5) it works out of the box now on fedora
> because of that link from /usr/include/freetype to
> /usr/include/freetype2/freetype

There's no such link. You must have created it locally.

Regards,
					Owen