UML project for Cambridge++ (update 3)

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Sun Nov 16 19:53:43 UTC 2003

I have been doing other things until recently, but here is another update.

I have now (just) got an anaconda UML install of Fedora Core 1 working
(with a 2.4 kernel), with only a small change using an updates.img file
needed, see
http://toast.debian.net/~may/umlproject/install.html
for details.

I am still having problems with 2.6 kernel crashes; it seems that
exec-shield problems come back if you compile the (2.4 or 2.6) uml kernel
on Fedora, and my (revised) patch fixes one problem, but the kernel will
still crash soon after, at least some of the time, and always seems to
crash when you try to shut it down. The tls problem is still there, and I
hope to get back to looking at the missing thread system calls soon.

	Michael Young

UML project site: http://toast.debian.net/~may/umlproject/