SMP i586?

Ok, I have an HP netserver 5/133 LS2 I like and use.  Under RH8.0 it ran fine
with the SMP kernel.  Upgraded to Fedora Core 1 on it, and I no longer have
SMP.  Is there something not working with SMP on i586 with NPTL or something?
I'm downloading the kernel SRPM now, and will be rebuilding the kernel for
i586 smp overnight, unless somebody knows something about this.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology