I gotta ask this ...

Robert Marcano robert at marcanoonline.com
Wed Nov 26 23:11:35 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 18:46, Fezzik Giant wrote:
> Thanks Alan!
>
> Build all the packages: well how, exactly, does one do this? Say I'm at RH9
> and I want to build the Fedora Core from source. When I build the RPMs then
> the result will overwrite my RH9 binaries, will it not?

I have made a rebuild of a Red Hat version different that the one
installed using a chroot environment (copy all the system to a new
directory, and execute chroot /newdir) a few packages did not build in
the chroot environment but you can try to build them outside it

Each time you build a RPM, install it in the chroot environment in order
to solve the dependencies required to the other SRPMs