Kind request: Set release version to "10"

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Wed Oct 1 16:17:48 UTC 2003

Axel Thimm (Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de) said:
> I'll also go with your suggestion, Rex. I'd call it the "it's written
> rh10, but it is pronounced Fedora Core 1" idiom ...

Now that's just patently misleading. It's *not* Red Hat Linux 10,
it's Fedora Core 1. It's a shift in the development model, shifts
in the goals of the release, and more. Hence, the new name, and
new version.

> By bumping all epochs of "Fedora Core" to ensure
> upgradability, and maintaining unnecessary multiple specfiles?

Huh? We aren't bumping all epochs of Fedora Core packages, and
we don't have to to maintain upgradeability.

> The alternative is to drop support for upgrading from RH <= 9 to FC,
> which is even uglier.

Uprgrades work... there were a couple hiccups in the test release,
but by the time of the final release, I do believe there will only
be epochs added to indexhtml and comps.

Bill