Re: Network nirvana [Re: Since Fedora is not aimed atenterpise/business ..]

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 10:22, Owen Taylor wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 11:43, Dax Kelson wrote:
>
> > The nirvana Linux network setup includes the following:
> >
> > * LDAP directory
> > * Kerberos Authentication
> > * Autofs for home directories
> > * Kerberized NFSv4
>
> Thought question ... most of the above is present currently
> but takes a real expert to get going.
>
> What needs to be done to make it possible so that, given say,
> a network of 50 workstations, someone who has never done
> it before could get such a network going in a day?

[snip]

In reading Dax's email (and personally knowing Dax to be a "real
expert"), I had the same thought.  I'd love to learn how to set this all
up in a day.  Even two or three days would be worth it.

Anybody willing to contribute a "Quick and Dirty Guide to Network
Nirvana in Three Days or Less"?  Maybe just pointers to existing
documentation?  Places to start?  Things to watch out for?  Known
gotchas?

Jared Smith