Re: Fedora Project: Announcing New Direction

Stephen Smoogen wrote:
On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 09:49, Thomas Dodd wrote:

But of course I am not a lawyer or official spokesperson, you really
have to read the agreement and you may want to talk to the Red Hat
salespeople as they answer questions about this kind of thing all day.

They won't answer that question. I've emailed sales and got no response.
I think they are happy to not give a definitive answer, so the worry results in noone exercising there rights under the GPL (and others) and keeps RHEL from being redistributed due to FUD.

You know they have very good medicines for paranoia these days. More

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you :)

than likely, they are waiting for legal to come up with a response that
they can send you, and because they have 200 other people pestering them
a day on things they dropped the ball.

I asked months ago. Several others have too. If they had ever answered one of us, I'm sure the response would have made it to the lists. If you get an answer, please let us know.

-Thomas