Since Fedora is not aimed at enterpise/business ..

Felipe Alfaro Solana felipe_alfaro at linuxmail.org
Wed Oct 1 22:21:52 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 23:51, Dax Kelson wrote:

> > "But Kerberos takes up so little HD space." Fine, so it won't "cost"
> > that much to have a set of RPMS that are kerberized, and have it be and
> > option.
>
> There are *already* kerberized RPMs for the server components and the
> command line utils. Are you arguing about the size of the Evolution 1.4
> binary (and others) compiled with GSSAPI support versus not?

Thanks god that Evolution has native support for GSSAPI! It's nice being
able to access my IMAP mailbox with an automatic, secure, Kerberized
login.

All in all, I don't mind if Red Hat/Fedora removes Kerberos support. I
would prefer for it to stay, but if it's removed, I'll grab it from MIT,
compile and Kerberize all my apps. I have used to live with it that I
can't live with it anymore.