Re: grub.conf, please?

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, chris wrote:

> Could someone kindly sed me their grub.conf file?

Here is mine, for Fedora:

# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# NOTICE:  You do not have a /boot partition.  This means that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /, eg.
#          root (hd0,1)
#          kernel /boot/vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/hda2
#          initrd /boot/initrd-version.img
#boot=/dev/hda
default=0
timeout=5
splashimage=(hd0,1)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz
password --md5 $1$XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
title Fedora Core (2.4.22-1.2061.nptl)
        root (hd0,1)
        kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.22-1.2061.nptl ro root=/dev/hda2 hdc=ide-scsi acpi=on idebus=66 resume=/dev/hda6
        initrd /boot/initrd-2.4.22-1.2061.nptl.img
title Legacy Proprietary Experimental Code Can
        rootnoverify (hd0,0)
        chainloader +1

> I made a booboo and installed a redhat test kernel rpm and when
> uninstalling it I got this msg:
>
> grubby fatal error: unable to find a suitable template
>
> I got the same error when yumming the original kernel back in.
>
> thanks,
> chris
>
> PS: Where can I find a fedora 2.6 test kernel?

Arjan's is what they recommend to test themselves.  But there are
problems in up2date with that repo, so try downloading them
handy.