video player in fedora?

I noticed there's currently no video player available in fedora. I was
wondering if i could make packages for xine or mplayer, but since these
packages have a shitload of optional dependencies, i'd like to know what
is the policy for 'hard' and 'soft' dependencies in packages. Also, do
these programs bring licensing issues? (iirc mplayer and xine use win32
video codecs for DivX/etc decompression).

Thanks
--
axel c <axel banzais org>