[Univ-linux] Future unsupported Red Hat Linux systems

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Mon Oct 6 18:08:09 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 06:08, seth vidal wrote:

> > > Probably on the mirror discussion lists.
> > >

> > There has been discussion there, but that list isn't open to the public.
> >   It should be moved here to fedora-devel-list as this is important.
> > Any ugly flaw in the design we will have to live with forever. =(
>
> Stephen Smoogen posted an excellent layout to the mirrors-list - one
> that I think should be given some consideration.

Well a lot of the 'ugly flaws' from Red Hat FTP site version 3.0 were
caused by me anyway. I should try to correct it. There are 2 things that
I would like to get comments on... when I did the first redesign,
apt-rpm,yum, autoupdate and such were either in infancy or non-existant.
How would redesign help/hurt them. Putting in hooks for those should be
easier now.

Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Lab  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 4-0645