rawhide report: 20031008 changes

Build System buildsys at porkchop.devel.redhat.com
Wed Oct 8 09:58:34 UTC 2003

New package fedora-logos
	Red Hat-related icons and pictures.

New package openoffice.org
	OpenOffice.org comprehensive office suite.

New package redhat-config-netboot
	redhat-config-netboot is an network booting/install configuration utility

Updated Packages:

XFree86-4.3.0-37
----------------
* Mon Oct 06 2003 Mike A. Harris <mharris at redhat.com> 4.3.0-37

- Added XFree86-4.3.0-radeon-autodetect-pci-or-agp-cards.patch which is a
  backport from CVS of new code to autodetect wether a given card is AGP or
  PCI by reading PCI config space.  This simplifies future updates to the
  radeon driver for future Radeon hardware.  Older driver update patches
  can further be simplified later on to remove some unnecessary cruft from
  them.
- Updated XFree86-4.3.0-radeon-support-backport-from-CVS-v2.patch to fix a few
  missing chip IDs in a section of radeon_driver.c
- Enabled DRI support for ppc for build_cambridge target

* Mon Oct 06 2003 Mike A. Harris <mharris at redhat.com> 4.3.0-36.2

- This build contains conditionalized build changes for RHL 8.0, intended to
  allow pain free compilation and installation of 4.3.0 in RHL 8.0.  All
  changes are conditionalized to build_psyche to limit their effects strictly
  to RHL 8.0 builds unless the change is an obvious no-risk fix that wont
  harm current development or erratum.
- Renamed fontconfig-2.1-slighthint.patch due to a problem which was reported
  by a user recompiling XFree86 on Red Hat Linux 8.0, getting a fontconfig
  dependancy, recompiling and installing fontconfig, and then trying to
  recompile XFree86 from their previously installed XFree86 source rpm.  Both
  XFree86 and fontconfig contain a patch of the same name, and the fontconfig
  one overwrote the one from the XFree86 packaging.  The two patches are
  identical but the directory paths modified to match XFree86's fontconfig path.
  The new patch name is XFree86-4.3.0-redhat-fontconfig-2.1-slighthint.patch
- Added "Provides: Xft-devel = %{xftver}" to XFree86-devel and "Provides:
  Xft = %{xftver}" to XFree86-libs, both wrapped with build_psyche for Red Hat
  Linux 8.0 compatibilty as many packages brokenly hardcode Xft dependancies
- Disabled the Conflicts: Xft-devel and Conflicts: Xft lines from the -libs and
  -devel packages as they seem to prevent upgrades from working from XFree86
  4.2.x to 4.3.0 on RHL 8.0 systems as the package both provides, and obsoletes,
  Xft and Xft-devel, and the 'conflicts' line seems to make it conflict with
  itself.
- Fixed some broken with_fontconfig conditionalization for cases where XFree86
  supplied fontconfig is used for building, just so the option actually works
  if someone sets it.

anaconda-9.0.95-0.20031007180519
--------------------------------
* Tue Oct 07 2003 Anaconda team <bugzilla at redhat.com>

- built new version from CVS

* Tue Oct 08 2002 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>

- back to mainstream rpm instead of rpm404

* Mon Sep 09 2002 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>

- can't buildrequire dietlibc and kernel-pcmcia-cs since they don't always
  exist

* Wed Aug 21 2002 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>

- added URL

* Thu May 23 2002 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>

- add require and buildrequire on rhpl

* Tue Apr 02 2002 Michael Fulbright <msf at redhat.com>

- added some more docs

* Fri Feb 22 2002 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>

- buildrequire kernel-pcmcia-cs as we've sucked the libs the loader needs
  to there now

* Thu Feb 07 2002 Michael Fulbright <msf at redhat.com>

- goodbye reconfig

* Thu Jan 31 2002 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>

- update the BuildRequires a bit

* Fri Jan 04 2002 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>

- ddcprobe is now done from kudzu

* Wed Jul 18 2001 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>

- own /usr/lib/anaconda and /usr/share/anaconda

* Fri Jan 12 2001 Matt Wilson <msw at redhat.com>

- sync text with specspo

* Thu Aug 10 2000 Matt Wilson <msw at redhat.com>

- build on alpha again now that I've fixed the stubs

* Wed Aug 09 2000 Michael Fulbright <drmike at redhat.com>

- new build

* Fri Aug 04 2000 Florian La Roche <Florian.LaRoche at redhat.com>

- allow also subvendorid and subdeviceid in trimpcitable

* Fri Jul 14 2000 Matt Wilson <msw at redhat.com>

- moved init script for reconfig mode to /etc/init.d/reconfig
- move the initscript back to /etc/rc.d/init.d
- Prereq: /etc/init.d

* Thu Feb 03 2000 Michael Fulbright <drmike at redhat.com>

- strip files
- add lang-table to file list

* Wed Jan 05 2000 Michael Fulbright <drmike at redhat.com>

- added requirement for rpm-python

* Mon Dec 06 1999 Michael Fulbright <drmike at redhat.com>

- rename to 'anaconda' instead of 'anaconda-reconfig'

* Fri Dec 03 1999 Michael Fulbright <drmike at redhat.com>

- remove ddcprobe since we don't do X configuration in reconfig now

* Tue Nov 30 1999 Michael Fulbright <drmike at redhat.com>

- first try at packaging reconfiguration tool

aspell-0.50.3-16
----------------
* Tue Oct 07 2003 Adrian Havill <havill at redhat.com> 12:0.50.3-16

- moved spell compat script from /usr/share/aspell to /usr/bin (#105921)

* Tue Jul 01 2003 Adrian Havill <havill at redhat.com> 11:0.50.3-15

- moved ispell compat script from /usr/share/aspell to /usr/bin (#90907)

* Tue Jun 24 2003 Adrian Havill <havill at redhat.com> 10:0.50.3-14

- removed emacs/xemacs el files which are already provided

* Wed Jun 18 2003 Adrian Havill <havill at redhat.com> 9:0.50.3-13

- provide pspell-devel in addition to obsoleting it

* Tue Jun 10 2003 Adrian Havill <havill at redhat.com> 8:0.50.3-12

- obsolete old dicts designed for previous aspell

aspell-da-0.50-6
----------------
* Tue Oct 07 2003 Adrian Havill <havill at redhat.com> 6:0.50-6

- add epoch to comp for the version fork (#106447)

aspell-sv-0.50-4
----------------
* Tue Oct 07 2003 Adrian Havill <havill at redhat.com> 4:0.50-4

- added epoch

bind-9.2.2.P3-5
---------------
* Tue Oct 07 2003 Daniel Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> 9.2.2.P3-5

- Try again

curl-7.10.6-5
-------------
* Tue Oct 07 2003 Adrian Havill <havill at redhat.com> 7.10.6-5

- match serverAltName certs with SSL (#106168)

* Tue Sep 16 2003 Adrian Havill <havill at redhat.com> 7.10.6-4.1

- bump n-v-r for RHEL

ddd-3.3.7-3
-----------
* Wed Oct 08 2003 Than Ngo <than at redhat.com> 3.3.7-3

- fixed utf-8 issue, bug #84816

filesystem-2.2.1-5
------------------
* Tue Oct 07 2003 Than Ngo <than at redhat.com> 2.2.1-5

- add /usr/share/xsessions

gdm-2.4.4.3-5
-------------
* Tue Oct 07 2003 Alexander Larsson <alexl at redhat.com> 1:2.4.4.3-5

- Fix greeter line-breaking crash (rest of #106189)

* Tue Oct 07 2003 Alexander Larsson <alexl at redhat.com> 1:2.4.4.3-4

- Set the BaseXSession properly in the config.
- This fixes parts of bug #106189

gedit-2.4.0-2
-------------
* Tue Oct 07 2003 Owen Taylor <otaylor at redhat.com> 1:2.4.0-2

- Fix bug with multibyte chars in shell-output plugin (#104027, Jens Petersen)
- Add missing BuildRequires on eel2, aspell-devel (#87746, Alan Cox)
- Add versioned Requires on eel2, libgnomeui (#103363, Jens Petersen)

gnome-media-2.4.0-1
-------------------
* Tue Oct 07 2003 Havoc Pennington <hp at redhat.com> 2.4.0-1

- 2.4.0

kdebase-3.1.4-2
---------------
* Tue Oct 07 2003 Than Ngo <than at redhat.com> 6:3.1.4-2

- install kde.desktop in /usr/share/xsession
- add more translations for kde.desktop (stolen from kde 3.2 cvs)

modutils-2.4.25-13
------------------
* Tue Oct 07 2003 Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> 2.4.25-13

- fix handling of updates path (#106482)

rawhide-release-20031008-1
--------------------------

redhat-config-bind-2.0.0-16
---------------------------
* Tue Oct 07 2003 Dan Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> 2.0.0-16

- Allow wildcard hostnames.

redhat-config-packages-1.2.5-2
------------------------------
* Tue Oct 07 2003 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> 1.2.5-2

- rebuild

* Wed Sep 24 2003 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> 1.2.5-1

- Throw out packages which aren't for our arch earlier (#105005)

* Fri Sep 19 2003 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> 1.2.4-1

- fix requirement formatting (#104715)

* Thu Sep 04 2003 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> 1.2.3-1

- fix help message

* Fri Aug 29 2003 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> 1.2.2-1

- fix for ppc64 (#103375)

* Wed Aug 20 2003 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> 1.2.1-1

- fix for case without order in comps file (#102278)

* Tue Aug 12 2003 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> 1.2.0-1

- update for multilib fun

* Fri Apr 18 2003 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> 1.1.9-1

- we can't check sigs with the db closed (#88343)

* Mon Feb 24 2003 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> 1.1.8-1

- fix for backwards of what I expected flags stuff in single package mode
  (reported on phoebe list)

* Sun Feb 23 2003 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> 1.1.7-1

- add startup notification
- update translations

* Tue Feb 11 2003 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>

- update requires on rpm (#84039)

* Sun Feb 09 2003 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> 1.1.6-1

- various minor bugfixes

* Mon Jan 13 2003 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> 1.1.5-1

- name change in desktop file

* Fri Jan 03 2003 Than Ngo <than at redhat.com> 1.1.4-1

- fix bug #80468

* Thu Jan 02 2003 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> 1.1.3-1

- add url support (--tree={ftp,http}://) (#79000)

* Wed Jan 01 2003 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> 1.1.2-1

- few minor fixes (#80800)

* Sat Dec 28 2002 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> 1.1.1-1

- fs for cds can now be udf,iso9660 as well
- fix up state reading to be faster (bug in rpm 4.2 porting)

* Wed Oct 30 2002 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>

- update to work with rpm 4.2

* Fri Oct 11 2002 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>

- add scrollkeeper to removal blacklist so that we can't mistakenly
  most of GNOME (#74958)
- RPMTAG_PROVIDES can be None in some cases; don't try to iterate over
  None (#74877)
- don't allow src.rpms to be installed into the database (#75388)
- fix size string translation (#75584)
- fix spanish translation which caused a segfault due to missing </b> (#74973)
- make instProvs and providesDict use lists as their values so we don't
  remove packages erroneously if multiple packages provide something (#75661)
- more translation updates

* Tue Sep 03 2002 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>

- update translations

* Fri Aug 30 2002 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>

- set hint so that nautilus won't pop up windows while installing
- fix pixmap path for CDs
- add a way for centering for firstboot
- miscellaneous other minor bug fixes

* Thu Aug 29 2002 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>

- oops, another typo fix build

* Thu Aug 29 2002 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>

- obsolete gnorpm
- other minor fixes
- fix bad interactions with magicdev

* Wed Aug 28 2002 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>

- add README

* Wed Aug 28 2002 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>

- handle extra CDs having dependencies on packages within the main distribution

* Tue Aug 27 2002 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>

- handle multiple CD-ROM drives more sanely
- start handling packages from multiple sources better
- fix textdomain of specspo

* Sat Aug 24 2002 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>

- fix a typo

* Sat Aug 24 2002 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>

- Make the single-package tool faster if dependencies are already installed.
- Various other minor bugfixes

* Thu Aug 15 2002 Preston Brown <pbrown at redhat.com>

- handle package installation in KDE as well.

* Wed Aug 14 2002 Jonathan Blandford <jrb at redhat.com>

- new version.  Added the single-package tool

* Mon Aug 12 2002 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>

- another new version with lots more changes
- add sample autorun to included docs

* Tue Aug 06 2002 Jonathan Blandford <jrb at redhat.com>

- New version

* Sun Aug 04 2002 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>

- huge numbers of changes.  starting to work a lot better

* Fri Jul 26 2002 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>

- fix desktop file so that we show up in the main apps menu
- fix requires

* Tue Jul 23 2002 Jonathan Blandford <jrb at redhat.com>

- Create spec file

redhat-config-printer-0.6.77-1
------------------------------
* Tue Oct 07 2003 Tim Waugh <twaugh at redhat.com> 0.6.77-1

- 0.6.77:
  - Fixed traceback involving IPP transport (bug #106284).
  - Avoid smbclient's -N option unless absolutely necessary (bug #106395).

rhgb-0.10.2-1
-------------
* Tue Oct 07 2003 Jonathan Blandford <jrb at redhat.com> 0.10.2-1

- new splash code

xmlto-0.0.15-1
* Tue Oct 07 2003 Tim Waugh <twaugh at redhat.com> 0.0.15-1

- 0.0.15.

xscreensaver-4.13-1
* Tue Oct 07 2003 Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> 1:4.13-1

- take out flag-with-logo, don't require redhat-logos (#106046)
- update to 4.13