Re: Regarding the Mirror structure and Fedora Legacy

Jesse Keating wrote:

On Thursday 09 October 2003 06:36, Jef Spaleta wrote:

The current discussion between RH people and the interim Fedora
Legacy planning team [1] seems to be that Legacy will not publish
packages within the regular Fedora mirror structure. Instead both
RH and Legacy want users to consciously change their configurations
to point to the new location when a distribution hits the point of
EOL, in order to make it clear that the packages are coming from a
different source than those officially published and supported by
RH the company.

Thats almost misleading. My personal request was that while our updates wouldn't go in the same _directory_ as those provided by Red Hat, we would have another folder in the tree just for us, so that once the folder RH controls is no longer populated, our folder would begin to be populated. Not sure if this is feasible or agreeable by Red Hat, I'm still waiting to get on the mirror list.

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. I guess we're both waiting for solid answers though.

Warren