Art of demagogics Re: Gentoo Linux faster app-load than(Mandrake|Fedora)

As I said it is easy to make an application load fast: build with
__every__ optional feature disabled: this means less initialization
and less libraries to load.  That will make you shine in benchmarks.
You will shine less in real use when user has to recompile due to
missing feature.

Another point is that in my experience people who write articles
in Linux magazines are completely incompetent at benchamrking.
For instance comparisons between distros are only valid if you install
both distros from scratch in the SAME partitions: disks are much slower
when reading from internal partitions than from external ones.