GCC-3.3 and OO.org

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Fri Oct 10 21:53:04 UTC 2003

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 11:27:57PM +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> Well really it's not the app job to be adapted to gcj but gcj's one to
> appear just like another jvm. We have a	large cross-jvm rpm repository
> where people can use any of Sun/IBM/Bea/Blackdown 1.3/1.4 jvms, but
> sadly there is not gcj jvm provider right now.

This may be OT for fedora-devel, but there will be rhug/native
eclipse/gcj people who may be able to comment.

I'm wondering how hard it would be to provide a jpackage/fedora
functional (to a point) libgcj/gnu classpath system.  I've seen the
posts on the sources.redhat.com/eclipse/ archives about how to massage
gcj into acting as a standard java executable for eclipse.

Theoretically it should be feasible to interoperate.  I assume
taroon/RHES is going to be fairly java/gcj centric so fedora providing
an environment to trial gcj interoperability in.

Paul