GCC-3.3 and OO.org

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Fri Oct 10 22:32:25 UTC 2003

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 05:56:02PM -0400, Dan Williams wrote:

> Well, normally to get OOo to work with Java, you have to pass
> --with-jdk-home=<path> to the configure script in config_office/
> directory.  Since I pass in --disable-java to this script, I could make

OK that's all usefull to me to play with.

> a switch to allow one to pass in --with-jdk-home, but where would the
> RPM get the path from?  What do you think is the best way to do that?
> OOo will disregard a value in JAVA_HOME and find that path itself.

I won't address that right now although there probably are some evil
expansions you can do.

> The alternative is for the user to make sure 'java' and 'javac' are in
> their PATH, since OOo will pick those up:

In terms for rebuilding - assuming the java specific parts of OO.o can
be neatly packaged, the way JPackage JDK's work is that we use
alternatives (yes they can aren't right for everyything but for multiple
vendor java/javac I think it is a good solution) so java/javac are in
standard paths.

The autoconf macros are worth considering, too.

Paul