Suggestion for initscripts

Probably people dealing with the initscripts know this stuff, but I I just post this just in case they haven't

Richard Gooch and co. have a very elegant solution for the initscripts
See:
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/rgooch/linux/boot-scripts/index.html

The nice thing is that you don't need these S[number][service] and K[number][service] scripts in the /etc/rc.[number] directories.

Every service just tells which service it needs to have running. And if that doesn't run yet it just tries to start it.

Possible other advantage I see, is that you might start services in parallel, which can save some time during booting :-)

Jaap