Re: xfs initscript enhancements, take 5

Mike A. Harris writes:
> There was a tool called type1inst which was not
> part of XFree86, however I don't recall the story on that tool.
> I presume it sucked because it's never been shipped and nobody
> seems to use it out there.

FWIW, it works fine for me.  I use it in a local version of the
fonts-are-(un)installed-so-metadata-needs-to-be-updated-script which
has been touched upon here.  I did one minor patch once to let the
perl patterns handle a slightly unusual use of whitespace in some font
file, but that's all.

> mkfontscale supports Type1 fonts
> however,

But if there is a tool with the core package now (I had missed that),
that's of course a simpler way to handle things.