Re: rhgb-0.10.2-1

Jason Luka wrote:
Bryan W. Headley wrote:

Jason Luka wrote:

There's a kernel patch for a bootsplash screen available on the internet. (bootsplash.org) I sent a modification of it for kernel-2.4.22 to the kernel people at Red Hat, but they seem divided about whether or not to put it in.

I'm looking at this debian package, boot-icons, which pops up images using the framebuffer, at the bequest of SysVinit scripts invoked during the bootup procedure. No kernel patches.

The kernel patch in question, though, pops up the image using the framebuffer before it gets to SysVinit scripts, namely when the kernel initializes the video.

Yes, whereas boot-icons seems to be 100% userland, although it also uses the fb. Might help placate those who are disturbed by the kernel patch, although bootsplash IS used by SuSE (supposively) with no ill effects.

-- ____ .:. ____ Bryan W. Headley - bwheadley earthlink net