Re: rhgb-0.10.2-1

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
On Sat, 11 Oct 2003, Julien Olivier wrote:
Hmmm... I think the best way to handle that would be to put a flag when
the computer has started cleanly and remove it when it has be shut down
cleanly. This, way, if it kernel-panics or crashes, the flag is still
there.

I guess you misunderstood what I meant.  I cannot see how you can
handle the panics when you have no write access anywhere.  The

Looks like you missed it. This flag is set on boot, and cleared on shutdown. If a panic happens, it's not cleared, and stiull set next boot. During boot if the flag is set, you know you had a problem in the shudown.

Don't we already have similar flags in / now?
Like .autofsck, which is cleared on shutdown/unmount.
Other flags I see in a quick glance at rc.sysinit include
forcefsck, fsckoptions, fastboot.

-Thomas