Re: Graphical boot issues: a.o. graphical boot twice slower thentext boot!!!

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> Tom Diehl (tdiehl rogueind com) said:
> > > Yup, just disable the keytable script. It probably needs to be
> > > removed anyway (it's superfluous).
> >
> > why is it superfluous?? I actually remap the del and backspace keys. Is there a
> > better way to do this??
>
> keymaps are loaded in rc.sysinit already.

Now that you are talking about rc.sysinit, I recall that on my
laptop, I have just a few services to start, say less than five,
and most of the boot time is by rc.sysinit, I can hack
/etc/rc.d/rc to load services in parallel o some other thing, but
rc.sysinit is much harder to hack to load faster, so what's the
point in moving stuff there?

> Bill

behdad,