Re: rhgb-0.10.2-1

Le mar 14/10/2003 à 09:38, Behdad Esfahbod a écrit :
> On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> > > Setting SAFE=yes in /etc/sysconfig/kudzu turns off the PS/2 and
> > > serial probes, which are the big time sinks.
> >
> > And USB has no business being in a startup probe system like kudzu - usb
> > belongs in hotplug scripts
>
> Last time I remember needed to run kudzu to install a USB
> printer.  Same for the scanner...

Sure - right now you need kudzu for this.
But this does not mean you should do it here - kudzu for usb devices is
an horror. They are typically never always-on (or always plugged in)
which means if the user doesn't learn to plug and power-on everything
before the boot sequence he'll be deluged with helpful kudzu messages
asking him to remove printer, scanner... configuration.

Kudzu is only good for build-in devices. And even for them the kernel
people are moving to an hotplug-only setup.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot