Re: [RFC] Better font filetype and metadata file detection for xfs

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 14:57, Alan Cox wrote:
> > I can disable the Luxi TTF font if Owen and others think that's a
> > good idea.  I think keeping it out of fontconfig should be
> > adequate though more or less.
>
> Does Luxi have the same character range in both ttf and type 1 ?

Not exactly. The TTF version has ~60 more characters, though
they are fairly peripheral.

The more important reason to keep the TTF version in the distribution
is that we still have some FreeType1-based code (magicpoint,
in particular) and that code can't handle Type1 fonts.

There shouldn't be any harm as long as we keep them out of the
fontconifg path.

Regards,
					Owen