Re: RPM problem: prereq: <file> not honored in upgrade ordering?

Pekka Savola wrote:

> .. I upgraded between RHL72 and RHL73 using autoupdate, and the
> updating of RPM's is done basically by 'rpm -Uvh <long list of RPMs>'.

done basically. by ...or done exactly by. I'm a bit suspicious that the
problem lies with the perl script autoupdate and not necessarily
rpm...but you could certainly test whether its a problem with rpm.

If you can rollback the changes you made then place the updates you did
in a local directory then do rpm -Uvh or -Fvh on that local
directory..without using autoUpdate...you should be able to determine if
it is in fact a problem with rpm.

But even if you do determine it is a bug in rpm....the version of rpm
might not be so relevant to the current version in the fedora test
releases :->.

-jef