Re: Yum'ification of the rhn_applet

Daniel Veillard wrote:
  I have just released an updated version of rhn_applet which
should work better for the Fedora framework:
   - handle Yum repositories
   - handle multiple repositories
   - does not require RHN registration

You can find it at:
http://people.redhat.com/~veillard/testing/yum/rhn-applet/2.1.0/
the Yum/Fedora repository for it is:
http://people.redhat.com/~veillard/testing/yum/rhn-applet/
It uses the same configuration file as up2date, i.e. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources

Features:
   - do some caching on the client see ~/.rhn-applet/*.yum
   - tries to limit the load on servers to a minimal amount
   - the applet does not need to be restarted if sources are
     added or removed from /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources
   - should be able to handle HTTPS connections

TODO:
   - HTTP(S) proxy support (easy)
   - FTP support
   - better error reporting when source are unavailable

Feedback welcome,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

It works for me. Nice that the update applet now finally tells you when there are updates :-) One minor remark up2date tells me that all the files of the update are 0kB. Is this due to yum or is there a bug??

Jaap